Computer literacy for children online or in the office:
The Computer Literacy course for children aged 6 to 12 is an important educational program that helps provide children with the necessary computer skills. The program is focused on studying the basic functions of the Windows operating system, using the Internet and Google services, as well as mastering the basics of raster and vector graphics.
One of the main tasks of the course is to acquaint children with the basics of working with the Windows operating system. Students will learn how to create, save, and manage files and folders, as well as learn about different program interfaces and windows.
The computer literacy course for children will also cover the basic concepts of working with the Internet and Google services. Children will learn how to search for information on the Internet, view videos and images, and use various Google services, such as Google Forms and Google Calendar.
In addition, in the computer literacy course, children will be able to explore bitmap and vector graphics. They will learn to create simple drawings and graphic objects using basic graphics software tools.
Understanding how to work with the Microsoft Office suite is an important element of computer literacy. Children on the course will get to know the basics of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, learn to create documents, tables and presentations, format text and images.
All lessons of the Computer Literacy for Children course will be conducted using interactive learning methods, which will allow children to learn new knowledge and skills more effectively. We also use an individual approach to each student and offer additional topics to the course at the student’s request. Our task is to motivate the child to learn how to work with a computer!
Computer literacy for children course program:
- General information about the computer. Basic concepts (file, folder, desktop, task bar, shortcut, window).
- Notepad program, getting to know the keyboard. Recovery and final deletion of information.
- The “Explorer” program, work with a flash drive and disks. Search for files and folders. Command line.
- Internet. Safe search for information on the Internet. Life hacks for finding information.
- Creating your Google account. Getting to know e-mail. Etiquette of communication on the Internet.
- Downloading data from the Internet. Copyright. Useful resources for learning.
- Cloud services and their use. Google Drive. Online translators.
- Creating an online form. Time management with Google Calendar.
- Types of computer graphics. Raster graphics. Raster graphics editor.
- Processing of raster images. Creating a raster character.
- Types of computer graphics. Vector graphics. Vector graphic editor.
- Processing of vector images. Creating a vector logo.
- Using transformations in Photoshop.
- Applying masks to images.
- Creating a collage from photos.
- Creation of gif-animation.
- Functions performed by text editors. General view of the Word window (Word menu and toolbar). Search and replace text, types of insertions, text editing.
- Page layout. Creating your own postcard
- Formatting characters and paragraphs. Lists.
- Types of inserts. Editing and formatting inserts.
- Page formatting. Creating a cookbook page.
- PowerPoint interface. Create and edit slides. Work with presentation style: uniform style, color and font, text formatting.
- Work with figures, tables and images.
- Animation and transition of slides. Advanced editing and design capabilities.
- Creating your own cartoon
- Creating a presentation on a given topic
- Electronic tables. Entering and editing data in Excel.
- Creating an interactive multiplication table.
- Performing complex calculations. Sorting and filters. Creating a party plan.
- Creating diagrams.
- Conditional formatting in Excel.
Computer literacy for children from 6 to 12 years old – result:
In each lesson, children will create their own projects and perform interesting tasks. Projects include:
- Create a Google account.
- Creating Google Forms.
- Time management with Google Calendar.
- Creating your own character in the raster editor.
- Creating your logo in a vector editor.
- Create a drawing with a pencil effect, a fantasy animal and a gif animation in Photoshop.
- Creating a greeting card and cookbook page in Microsorf Word.
- Creating a cartoon and your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Creating a multiplication table, party plan and colorful Christmas trees in Microsoft Excel.
Classes are held online in Discord, Zoom or Google Meet, as well as in the office in Akademmistechko, Zhytomyrska!