A joint activity with a teenager – programming!
A joint activity with a teenager – programming! Finding a common language with a teenager is a challenge, but you can try some of the following approaches:
- Listen to their ideas and opinions: Teenagers may have their own worldview and perspective on various things that may differ from yours. Try to hear their ideas and thoughts and make them part of the conversation.
- Be open and accept them as they are: Teenagers may have their own problems and relationships with other people. Try to be open and accept them for who they are and not criticize them for their actions and actions.
- Create common interests: Try to find common interests that interest you both. It can be sports, music, movies, books, technology, games, etc. We suggest that you start programming with your child. Create an interesting online game together. Think of an idea, draw characters. After you finish, play together. This can help to find common ground and start a conversation. Game development on Unity is best suited for such a joint activity.
- Be patient and supportive: Teens can feel stressed and anxious. Try to be patient and supportive when they try to express their feelings.
- Learn to listen: Listening can be a key aspect of finding common ground with your teen. Try to listen and understand their needs, wishes and problems in order to find a common language and make them feel that they are heard and understood.
These approaches can help find a common language with a teenager.