Preparation for the NMT on the history of Ukraine involves memorizing many historical dates, events, and personalities. This can be quite a difficult task, but some tips can help you.
1. Break a large amount of information into smaller parts
Instead of trying to remember all the dates and events at once, break them down into smaller parts. For example, instead of memorizing all the dates related to the Cossack state, first remember the dates related to Bohdan Khmelnytsky, and then the dates related to his successors.
2. Use mnemonics
Mnemonics is a technique that helps remember information with the help of associations. There are many different methods of mnemonics, but some of the most popular include:
- Associations: Create associations between a date or event that are easy to remember. For example, you can remember the date of the foundation of Kyiv (482 AD) by associating it with the number 4, which reminds you of the four corners of the world.
- Acronyms: Create acronyms or abbreviations to help you remember dates or events. For example, you can remember dates related to the First World War (1914-1918) with the help of the acronym “1914-1918 – Southern Front, Western Front, Entente, Central Powers”.
- Numbers + images: create images that are associated with a date or event. For example, you can remember the date of the Battle of Kruty (January 29, 1918) with the help of the image of 29 participants in the battle holding guns.
3. Exercise regularly
Practicing regularly is the best way to remember dates, events, and personalities. Spend at least 30 minutes every day studying historical material.
4. Seek help from a teacher or tutor
If you feel that it is difficult to remember historical dates, events, and personalities, do not hesitate to ask for help from a teacher or tutor. They can help you develop an individual training plan and provide you with additional materials. The GoMother tutoring center has qualified teachers who will help you prepare quickly.
Here are some additional tips that may be useful for remembering historical dates, events, and personalities:
- Create your flashcards. Study cards are a great way to systematize information and make it more accessible for memorization.
- Create mind maps. Mind maps are an effective way of displaying connections between various topics and events.
- Draw historical events. Drawing is a great way to remember information with the help of visual memory.
- Tell friends and relatives about historical events. A story about historical events is a great way to fix information in memory.
We hope that these tips will help you successfully prepare for the NMT on the history of Ukraine and get a high score.